Welcome to the Hobbs Municipal Schools Core Knowledge® website. This site has been a goal for several years. We are indebted to former Core Knowledge® Coordinator, Becky McMurray for her vision, and to Wendy Haggerton and Carey Lindner for their countless volunteer hours in helping prepare each page of the site. As you explore the site, please send us your ideas and suggestions for improvement.
We phased in Core Knowledge® gradually, beginning in 2000-2001 and finalized a four-year implementation in 2003-2004 with all subjects - language arts, math, history and geography, science, art and music. Over a decade of educational reform in Hobbs is quite an accomplishment-we are confident that students are reaping the benefit of the efforts of so many...
- Superintendent, TJ Parks
- Asst. Supt for Elementary Instruction, Debbie Cooper
- The Hobbs Municipal School Board
- The J. F Maddox Foundation, Bob Reid, and Jennifer Townsend
- Former Core Knowledge® Coordinator, Becky McMurray
- Former Superintendent, Cliff Burch
- Former Superintendent, Stan Rounds
- Former Assistant Superintendent for Instruction, Sandra Newell
- Senator Gay Kernan
- Eastern New Mexico University
- University of the Southwest
- Former Core Knowledge® Secretary, Laurie Fonay
- Hobbs Elementary Principals
- Finally, and most importantly, Hobbs elementary teachers. They have worked diligently to create grade level resource guides, to find appropriate supplies and materials, to prepare year-long plans, to coordinate Core Knowledge® content with New Mexico educational standards, to share ideas with co-workers, to mentor new teacher, to explain Core Knowledge® to parents, to attend training, to present units, to host visitors - all in an effort to share the knowledge with students. They are the real Core Knowledge® Hobbs heroes.